Do you have a ton of clothes in your closet, but it takes forever to put together an outfit that makes you feel confident and like your best self? Look no further!
If you read my blog post from yesterday, you'll know that I'm really focusing on molding my life to fit the person I aspire to be. I'm living my life now as if I'm already the CEO of my own successful company, and a lot of that includes my appearance because looking good makes me feel good.
It's much easier to believe something when you can see it, so dressing the part and feeling confident in your outfits puts you in the mindset to focus, work, and achieve your goals. Plus, if you show yourself love and respect, while exerting confidence and believing in yourself, other people can see that and will treat you the same. So how do you put together the perfect boss babe outfit every day?
Here are the 5 key pieces I focus on when building my outfits:
1. Fitted dress pants - I like my work pants as stylish and comfy as skinny jeans. I'll usually get high waisted skinny black dress pants to use as a constant in almost all of my outfits. If it's a casual day, I will wear my favorite skinny jeans with high-heeled booties (like my picture below)!
2. Loose blouse or tank top - The blouses I prefer are typically satin, but any top that's a bit looser or more flowy will work. The key here is to tuck in the bottom of your blouse into your high waisted pants. Tucking in your shirts makes such a difference. I'm not sure why, but it makes it seem like you were purposeful with your outfit and took the time to display your best self. I like to top this blouse off with a...
3. Long blazer - These might be my favorite part of my outfits! Blazers give off major boss babe vibes, and when it's a little bit longer and goes past the top of your pants, I think it levels up the whole outfit. You can also wear a long coat or fancy cardigan instead.
4. Heels - I never used to wear heels, but now that I've committed to dressing the part, I decided to give heels a try and I don't want to go back! Heels take the whole outfit to the next level and make you feel and look so confident. It's important to find a heel that is comfortable to walk in though because the whole point of this is to feel good. Heels aren't everyone's preference, so don't feel like you need to wear heels to look professional or feel confident. There are so many cute flats and dress shoes that have the same effect, so go find your new favorites! If you're uncomfortable in your outfit, we're missing the point.
5. Jewelry - I personally love dainty gold jewelry because it dresses up the outfit, but also is subtle enough to simply look like glitter or a glow on your skin. On the other end, some womxn prefer to rock statement jewelry, whether that's a necklace or earrings, and they look incredible too. Find something to show off your personality!
Now that you have an idea of what pieces to put together for your stand-out boss babe outfits, I want you to do a quick exercise to help tie this all together.
Close your eyes and picture your dream life and the person you're working on becoming. What does your day look like? What are your favorite traits and characteristics of this future you? What is your career? What makes you happy? Who are you surrounded by?
While you answer these questions, think about your answers and how they have shaped & formed this future you. Then, find a style that fits this version of you. Is anything stopping you from wearing the same outfits now that future you wears? Even further, is there anything stopping you from living the life, or at least incorporating some behaviors and routines of your future you? The more we do now to attract the life we have always dreamed of living, the faster it will become a reality.
Lastly, I want to be very clear. The way I dress or consider "boss babe style" does not have to be the same way you dress. These are the outfits I feel incredibly confident and beautiful in, and having this guide helps me (and you) save time and thought when putting these outfits together. I'm sharing to give you ideas and bring you behind the scenes of my life and what I'm doing to become that CEO I am working towards becoming. Wear what you feel confident in and what makes you feel so incredibly beautiful and happy. If that's sweats and sneaks, you freaking go girl! Athleisure is one of my favorite styles too. Anyway, I can't wait to hear how you like to style yourself and how wearing your outfit-of-choice makes you feel. Leave it in the comments below!
Thank you for being you & thank you for being here,
About the Author
Leah Jean is a life & success coach to women worldwide, and a self-proclaimed confidence guru. She coaches and inspires women to create the life they have always dreamed of living by gaining confidence, knowing their self worth, becoming financially independent, and enhancing the quality of their daily life and career, all while maintaining a healthy foundation for their mind, body, and soul.