It’s already the middle of July, and I don’t know about you, but my Summer has gone by so quickly! This sunshine and warm weather only lasts for a few months, so let’s make the most of it. Here are 5 ways to make the most of your summer. And don’t worry… you don’t even need to ask for time off from work and everything in this list can be done for free!
1) Go outside every day! Did you know that Vitamin D naturally increases positivity in your mood and enhances your immune system? Did you also know that most of the population is deficient in Vitamin D? There’s nothing like the feeling of sunshine on your skin, so get out there and enjoy it every single day that you can! Warm weather and sunshine are the first 2 things that come to my mind when I think of summer, and they’re often the first 2 things I miss once summer is over. Do yourself a favor now, and let it soak into your skin while you can. Meanwhile, you can dream of the plans you’re going to make in the next tips!
2) Take weekend trips! There are so many hidden gems so close to you, no matter where you live, and I think it’s time to explore them! You know that one place you’ve talked about going to for years, but never have because it’s close enough that you know you’ll eventually go there one day? Today is that day. Hit the road and go to that nearby river or lake. Explore that new town you’ve always wondered about. Go hiking to the top of that mountain and look over that beautiful city. I guarantee that this will feel like a mini vacation!
3) Try something new! I know you have a list of hobbies or skills you’ve been wanting to learn since you were a kid. Do your research, watch some tutorials, or go take some classes. Whether it’s a new instrument, sport, skill, or hobby, you will always remember this as the summer you “learned how to surf,” or “performed at open mic night for the first time.” What are you waiting for?
4) Plan events with your friends, and have them invite all of their friends! One of my favorite parts about traveling is meeting new people and learning about their cultures (and tasting their homemade food, of course). When you live by the motto “the more, the merrier,” you are giving yourself the opportunity to do just that… no travel necessary! Meet as many people as you can, learn as much from them as you can, share your hobbies and stories, and make amazing memories with your crew!
5) Document your experiences! Take photos, make videos, or write about it in your journal. Yes, you really should be present in the moment, but it is totally okay to take a few moments to snap some pictures for the memories. Once summer is over, you will always have these to look back on and share with your friends. Pro tip: Make an album at the end of the summer with your favorite pictures, or create a mini documentary with your videos to make the most of these tangible memories and remind yourself how amazing your summer was!
I hope you are all having an amazing summer full of fun, friends, and adventure! Leave a comment below with your favorite experience so far from this summer, or an event you’re looking forward to! I’d love to hear your stories.